The University of Toronto’s Sexual Violence Prevention and Support Centre (the Centre) was established in 2017 as part of the University’s Action Plan on Preventing and Responding to Sexual Violence. It has locations on all three campuses and provides support to members of the University community who have been affected by sexual violence or sexual harassment.
The Centre works in collaboration with members of the University community and community partners to meet its mandate.
What is the role of the Centre?
- The Centre assists students, staff and faculty members in understanding the University’s Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment.
- The Centre facilitates access to support, services and accommodations for students, staff and faculty members who have experienced sexual violence.
- The Centre provides training and education on preventing and responding to sexual violence.
- Confidential, transparent, non-judgemental, client-centred services
- Coordination and navigation of University supports, services and accommodations
- Support in making a disclosure
- Explanation and assistance with reporting
- Referrals to on- and off-campus services
- Self-care resources
Privacy and confidentiality
The Centre and its staff are subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, which provides for access to University records and protection of privacy. We only collect personal information necessary to provide services, supports, and accommodations under the Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment, and we only share information with other University departments or services on a need-to-know basis for these purposes.
Students, staff and faculty members can access supports and services at the Centre. Meetings and consultations are available in person or by phone. Contact the Centre by phone, email or by filling out the online form to book an appointment with a Centre staff member.
To access supports now, contact the Sexual Violence Prevention and Support Centre:
- Phone: 416-978-2266
- Email: email@example.com
- Click here to request support and Centre staff will contact you.
University of Toronto, Mississauga
3094G, Davis Building
University of Toronto, St. George
Gerstein Science Information Centre (Gerstein Library), Suite B139
University of Toronto, Scarborough
Room: 141, Environmental Science & Chemistry Building
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.